We are excited to be able offer live classes once again!
Going forward, to ensure the safety of our students and instructors we will be following the Maine State CDC Guidelines for our industry.
• We will have a maximum of 5 dogs per class. Four dogs may bring two humans to class, as the total number of humans in the building cannot exceed ten, including the instructor. Children over the age of eight years may be one of the two handlers. To help students “Stay!” in their own space we will be sectioning off blocks in the room for each student to work within with their dog.
• Students will be required to wear masks inside the facility. Instructors will be wearing face shields.
• When parking in the lot, please park in every other space when possible. When you arrive please potty your dog at a distance from other students to maintain minimum social distancing of 6 feet outside, which will also allow your dogs to be at a distance from each other and remain calmer. Students will enter through the front door one dog/handler team at a time, and upon entering their instructor will direct them to their station. When exiting the building (to potty your dog or at the end of class) please go to the back of the training room and through the open doors to the right to exit through the side door. At the end of class the instructor will send out one dog/handler team through the side door at a time.
• When at the training center please handle only your own dog. Instructors will only handle student dogs with client permission. The CDC recommends: "Treat pets as you would other human family members – do not let pets interact with people or animals outside the household."
• All door knobs, handles and faucets, as well as student chairs and any other equipment used will be thoroughly disinfected after each class. However, handling merchandise in our small in-house store is at your own risk. Only personal or business checks made out to Telling Tails will now be accepted for our store merchandise.
• Please bring your dog’s water bowl to class.
• Common sense dictates that anyone who is ill, student or instructor, should not attend class and should stay home.